How do I install a new version of Quick Access Popup?
Using the setup tool
- Click the Download button on the QAP website home page.
- If QAP is already running, the setup program will close it or will ask you to quit it. To close it manually, right-click the Quick Access Popup icon in the System Tray menu and choose Exit Quick Access Popup.
- Run the setup program and follow instructions. Quick Access Popup will be launch at the end of the installation.
- The setup procedure will preserve your previous configuration in the QuickAccessPopup.ini file. It will also update your startup shortcut if you enabled this option.
Using the portable installation
- Download the new version zip file under Portable installation on this site home page.
- Quit your current version of Quick Access Popup: right-click the Quick Access Popup icon in the System Tray and choose Exit Quick Access Popup. If you don't before executing the next step, QAP will not be updated.
- Extract the new version zip file content in the folder where your current version is installed, overwriting all existing content. Do not worry: this will NOT overwrite your settings in QuickAccessPopup.ini and your dynamic menus data in QAP_Frequent.DB because these files is not part of the ZIP file. All your settings and favorites will be preserved.
- For your information, a text file was added to your folder with, in its name, the version of the installed version (for example: QAP-v9_0_1.txt). You can delete this file as it is not required to run QAP.
- Restart Quick Access Popup by double-clicking the executable (.EXE) file of the new version. Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on your system: QuickAccessPopup-32-bit.exe or QuickAccessPopup-64-bit.exe.
- If you enabled this option, the shortcut in your Startup folder will launch the new version when you will restart Windows.