In addition to Windows Explorer and Windows command line utilities Console (or CMD) and PowerShell, Quick Access Popup provides extended support for popular Explorer replacement applications Directory Opus and Total Commander and support for about 15 other file managers, many of them being freeware.
You can select you preferred file manager in the Options window, tab File managers support.
Directory Opus support (DOpus)
- If installed on your system, Directory Opus is detected automatically when at QAP's first launched and you can select if you want to use it as your primary file manager when QAP opens a folder in a new window.
- Changing folders in an existing DOpus lister is supported for both regular and special folders (My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Recycle Bin, etc.).
- The list of folders currently open in DOpus are automatically included in the Switch and Reopen a Folder QAP features.
- Quick Access Popup is fully compatible with the new Directory Opus version 12!
- More info here: Using Quick Access Popup with Directory Opus.
Total Commander support (TC)
- If installed on your system, Total Commander is detected automatically at QAP's first launched and you can select if you want to use it as your primary file manager when QAP opens a folder in a new window.
- Changing folders in an existing TC windows is supported for both regular and special folders (My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Recycle Bin, etc.).
- Integration of TC Directory Hotlist in QAP menu (the TC wincmd.ini location must be set in Options).
- More info here: Using Quick Access Popup with Total Commander.
QAPconnect: Universal File Managers Support
- QAP also supports a list of about 15 file managers described in the setting file QAPconnect.ini based on a list developed by Roland Toth (blog.rolandtoth.hu) for Folders Popup.
- There is no need to install an addon to use these file managers in QAP.
- First, make sure the info for your file manager is accurate in QAPconnect.ini: the directory must be the one where your app is installed.
- To edit the QAPconnect settings file, in the Options, tab File managers support, select QAPconnect and click the Edit QAPconnect.ini button under the dropdown list. Save the file and deselect/reselect the QAPconnect radio button to refresh the list.
- Then, select QAPconnect and choose your file manager in the dropdown list.
- Support file managers: A43, Altap Salamander, CubicExplorer, Double Commander, EF Commander Free, Everything, Explorer++, ExplorerXP, Far Manager, FreeCommander XE, IrfanView, Just Manager, MultiCommander, Nomad.NET, Snowbird, SpeedCommander, Tablacus Explorer, UltraExplorer, Unreal Commander, WinNC, XnView, xplorer2 lite, XYplorer & XYplorerFree
Quick Access Popup is fully compatible with Directory Opus, an impressive file manager program written by GPSoftware, in Australia. Directory Opus (DOpus) replaces Windows Explorer and integrates lots of features, including file compression, FTP capabilities, folder syncing and much more. However, it is not freeware.
QAP is fully aware of DOpus capabilities and utilizes them via the internal DOpusRt.exe commands to offer seamless and reliable integration.
Directory Opus support
- Automatic (but optional) enabling of DOpus support if the software is found on your system.
- Seamlessly change a DOpus lister to user favorite folders, recent folders or special folders (My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Recycle Bin, etc.).
- Easily add the folder currently displayed in a lister to you favorites with the Add this folder menu.
- Switch to a folder open in an existing lister with the Switch menu.
- Switch instantly any file dialog boxes (File Open, Save As, etc.) to the folder active in a Directory Opus lister or Windows Explorer with the Reopen Current Folder in Dialog Box menu.
- Open any folder active in a Directory Opus lister or Windows Explorer with the Reopen a Folder menu.
- Restore groups of related folders in desired tabs and sides.
- Adapted support for special folders and FTP sites in DOpus.
How-to enable DOpus support
When you start it, Quick Access Popup checks if DOpus is installed on your computer (looking for the file [Program Files]GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe). If it is found, it asks if you wish to enable Directory Opus integration. If you answer Yes, it records the DOpus.exe file path in the Settings, Options dialog box:
If DOpus is installed in another folder not found by Quick Access Popup, you can manually enable integration by browsing to your DOpus.exe file in the Options dialog box, File managers support tab.
The Current Windows (aka "Switch") menu is built in two sections. This first part shows the folders already open in the Explorer windows and, if you use this file manager, the Directory Opus listers.
The second part lists running applications (starting with the most recently activated window). Only applications having "visible" windows are listed. System-hidden windows and zero-width/height windows are excluded. Most of the apps in the System Tray could not be listed unless their window is already visible in the task bar.
When you select an item in this menu, its window is automatically activated (bring to the "front"). This menu is refreshed every time you open the QAP menu.
By default, the Switch feature is found under the In the Works menu (before v9.2, it was under the My QAP Essentials menu). You can add it to your menu by adding a favorite of type QAP Feature and select Current Windows under the Dynamic Menus section.
The Reopen a Folder shows the folders already open in the Explorer windows and the Directory Opus listers if you use this file manager. It is refreshed every time you open the QAP menu.
The Reopen a Folder is particularly useful when you are in a file dialog box and want to open a file in a folder already open in another Explorer window. Just select one of these folders in the QAP menu and the dialog box will be moved to it. Change folder in dialog boxes must be enabled in Options.