How do I enable Total Commander support in Quick Access Popup?
|This page has been updated for Quick Access Popup v10.|
Quick Access Popup is fully compatible with Total Commander, a very popular file manager program written by Christian Ghisler, in Switzerland. Total Commander (TC) replaces Windows Explorer and integrates lots of features, including file compression, FTP capabilities, folder syncing and much more.
Quick Access Popup is aware of TC capabilities and utilizes them via TC internal commands to offer seamless and reliable integration.
Total Commander support
- Automatic (but optional) enabling of Total Commander support if the software is found on your system.
- Seamlessly change a TC window (any pane or tab) to user favorite folders, recent folders or special folders (My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Recycle Bin, etc.).
- Integration of Total Commander Directory Hotlist.
- Easily add the folder currently displayed in a TC window to your favorites with the Add Active Folder or Web page menu.
- Restore groups of related folders in desired tabs and sides.
- Adapted support for special folders and FTP sites in TC.
How-to enable Total Commander support
When you start it for the first time, Quick Access Popup checks if TC is installed on your computer (looking for the file TOTALCMD.EXE or TOTALCMD64.EXE). If it is found, it asks if you wish to enable Total Commander integration. If you answer Yes, it records the TOTALCMD.EXE file path in the Options dialog box, File Managers tab.
If TC is installed in a folder not found by Quick Access Popup, you can manually enable integration by browsing to your TOTALCMD.EXE or TOTALCMD64.EXE file in the Options dialog box. In order to integrate the TC Directory Hotlist in QAP, set the TC wincdm.ini file location in Options, File Managers tab.
If the TC Directory Hotlist menu has not been added automatically when you installed QAP, go to the Customize window, click the Add button and select the QAP Feature type, under the Dynamic Menus category, select TC Directory Hotlist.
At this time, the Reopen a Folder and Switch are not yet integrated with TC and will not include folders open in TC. These features will include folders open in Total Commander after a new command in Total Commander will allow to improve the integration in Quick Access Popup (more info here).