What file managers are supported in addition to Windows Explorer?
In addition to Windows Explorer and Windows command line utilities Console (or CMD) and PowerShell, Quick Access Popup provides extended support for popular Explorer replacement applications Directory Opus and Total Commander and support for about 15 other file managers, many of them being freeware.
You can select you preferred file manager in the Options window, tab File managers support.
- If installed on your system, Directory Opus is detected automatically when at QAP's first launched and you can select if you want to use it as your primary file manager when QAP opens a folder in a new window.
- Changing folders in an existing DOpus lister is supported for both regular and special folders (My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Recycle Bin, etc.).
- QAP can integrate the content of the Directory Opus Favorites and Directory Opus Layouts in a QAP sub menu.
- The list of folders currently open in DOpus are automatically included in the Switch and Reopen a Folder QAP features.
- Quick Access Popup is fully compatible with the new Directory Opus version 12!
- More info here: Using Quick Access Popup with Directory Opus.
- If installed on your system, Total Commander is detected automatically at QAP's first launched and you can select if you want to use it as your primary file manager when QAP opens a folder in a new window.
- Changing folders in an existing TC windows is supported for both regular and special folders (My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Recycle Bin, etc.).
- QAP can integrate the content of the TC Directory Hotlist in a QAP sub menu (the TC wincmd.ini location must be set in Options).
- More info here: Using Quick Access Popup with Total Commander.
QAPconnect: Universal File Managers Support
- QAP also supports a list of about 15 file managers described in the setting file QAPconnect.ini based on a list developed by Roland Toth (blog.rolandtoth.hu) for Folders Popup.
- There is no need to install an addon to use these file managers in QAP.
- First, make sure the info for your file manager is accurate in QAPconnect.ini: the directory must be the one where your app is installed.
- To edit the QAPconnect settings file, in the Options, tab File managers support, select QAPconnect and click the Edit QAPconnect.ini button under the dropdown list. Save the file and deselect/reselect the QAPconnect radio button to refresh the list.
- Then, select QAPconnect and choose your file manager in the dropdown list.
- Support file managers: A43, Altap Salamander, CubicExplorer, Double Commander, EF Commander Free, Everything, Explorer++, ExplorerXP, Far Manager, FreeCommander XE, IrfanView, Just Manager, MultiCommander, Nomad.NET, Snowbird, SpeedCommander, Tablacus Explorer, UltraExplorer, Unreal Commander, WinNC, XnView, xplorer2 lite, XYplorer & XYplorerFree