When do I need to use the QAP icon in the Notifications Area?
The Quick Access Popup icon in the Notification Area (System Tray) has two functions: menu launcher and System menu.
- Left-click on the Quick Access Popup icon in the Notification area to open your favorites menu. This menu is always available in the Tray. When you select a folder, it is open in the most recently active Windows Explorer window or in a new window, depending on the option selected in the File Managers tab in the Options window.
- Right-click the icon in the Notification area to open the QAP System menu:
- open the Settings dialog box;
- click Edit QuickAccesssPopup.ini file to fine tune your settings (more info; make sure you have a safe backup before editing this file);
- Under the Settings file options... submenu:
- choose Switch Settings file to load alternative menu and settings;
- choose Switch to default settings file to restore the settings file in the default location;
- select Import/Export Settings to exchange menu and settings with another system or user (more info);
- choose Restart Quick Access Popup after changes has been made to the ini file;
- choose Refresh Live Folders and Shared menus to refresh the QAP menu with changes in Live folders or Shared menus;
- select the Run at Startup option to launch QAP automatically;
- click Suspend Hotkeys to temporarily disable all QAP hotkeys (mouse triggers and keyboards shortcuts);
- choose Restore Settings window position to move the Settings window to the center of main screen, in case it would become invisible following changes in screen configuration (more info);
- use the Check for update menu to discover if you should download a new QAP version;
- open the Help, About and Donate windows;
- and select Exit Quick Access Popup to unload QAP from the active memory.