QAP stops loading with an error message. Can I restore a backup of my settings?
Two reasons can explain this error message:
- something wrong happened interrupting QAP while it was saving your settings;
- you edited the settings file manually and did not respect the structure of the settings file (see What is the structure of QAP settings (ini) file?)
The easiest way to solve this issue is to restore your latest settings backup. You can do it by renaming your current QuickAccessPopup.ini to QuickAccessPopup-broken.ini and renaming your latest backup to QuickAccessPopup.ini.
- Open the QAP working directory in your file manager. In the Customize window, select File, Open QAP working directory (pre-v10 users, see What’s the QAP working directory?).
- Close QAP before renaming the settings file: select File, Exit Quick Access Popup.
- Rename QuickAccessPopup.ini to QuickAccessPopup-broken.ini.
- Rename your latest backup, something like QuickAccessPopup-backup-20190925.ini (the last part of the file name is the backup date in “YYYYMMDD” format) to QuickAccessPopup.ini.
- Restart QAP.