Can I search inside my favorites?
|This page has been updated for Quick Access Popup v10.|
Yes. As you add favorites to your main menu and your submenus, it can become tricky to find the favorite you want to edit. You can filter the favorites by keywords. In addition to easing favorites edition, this tool also gives you a global view of your favorites, allowing to eliminate unwanted duplicates or to better organize your menu.
First, to reveal the search box, click the Magnifier icon or select the menu Tools, Search for favorites or hit Ctrl-F.
To filter you favorites, simply type a few characters in the Search box just above the favorite list. To restore the full list, delete the Search box content or simply click the X button on the right.
By default, only the favorites with the searched string in their name will appear in the filtered list. But you can select the check box Extended Search to extend the search to more favorites properties: favorite type, shortcut, hotstring trigger, location (file or folder path), snippet content, FTP login name and password, and advanced settings Parameters and Start in folder.
A few notes, for those who want to know everything:
- filtering is case insensitive;
- filtered favorites are displayed in the order they were found, starting from the current menu (make sure you move to the top Main menu to search all favorites);
- in filtered favorites list, the Edit button or double-click open the edit favorite dialog box with the selected favorite;
- double-clicking a menu favorite in filtered favorites list opens this menu unfiltered;
- after edition of a favorite, the regular favorites list is restored in the location of the edited favorite;
- the Remove button removes a favorite from the filtered list (with confirmation before deleting a menu and its submenus);
- in filtered list, only single selection is available, allowing edition or deletion of only one favorite at a time;
- in filtered list, the Add button (and its associated hotkey Ctrl-N) adds a new favorite at the top of the main menu;
- changing menu using the dropdown list, using back or top arrows and closing and re-opening the Settings window restore the regular unfiltered list.