What are the Alternative menu features?
Alternative menu features are actions to be executed on one of the favorites in your QAP menu. After you click one of the options in the Alternative menu, the full QAP menu is displayed to let you choose on what favorite you want to execute the Alternative menu feature.
Alternative menu triggers (mouse default is Shift+middle mouse button and keyboard default is Shift+Windows+W).
- These triggers show the Alternative menu over any windows.
- In the Alternative menu, you select the actions to apply to one of your favorite (see the list of Alternative menu features below).
- Then, in the QAP menu, select the target favorite on which the Alternative menu feature will be executed.
Alternative menu features
The Alternative menu offers the following features:
- Open in new window: open the favorite in a new window instead of changing the folder in the target window.
- Edit a Favorite: change a favorite settings directly from the QAP menu (without having to open the Settings window).
- Copy a Favorite's Path or URL: copy the file path or the URL of a favorite to your clipboard in order to paste it in any other window.
- Run as administrator (starting with v8.1): run the application with administrator access (elevated privileges).
- Open the Containing Folder in the Current Window (starting with v8.1.1): open in the current Explorer window the parent folder of the selected favorite document, application or folder.
- Open the Containing Folder in a New Window (starting with v8.1.1): open the parent folder of the selected favorite in a new window (even if the menu is opened in an existing Explorer window or in a file dialog box).
Three Alternative menu features are also available directly from the regular menu by using keyboard modifiers when clicking a favorite in the popup menu:
- Shift + Click: Open in new window.
- Control + Click: Copy a Favorite's Path or URL.
- Shift + Control + Click: Edit a Favorite.