What global options are essential to know?
In the Settings dialog box, click the Options button to open the Options dialog box.
- To enable folders navigation in file dialog boxes (Open, Save As, etc.), check the Change folders in dialog boxes with the main QAP hotkeys.
- Select your working Language.
- Select Run at Startup option to launch Quick Access Popup automatically when you boot Windows.
- Enable or disable QAP Explorer Context menus.
- Automatically add favorites at top (or bottom if unchecked) of main menu when added with Add this folder, Add this folder Express and Add favorite from Explorer context menus.
- Display Startup Tray tip in the Notification zone.
- Select the Check for updates to be informed when new QAP versions become available.
- Remember Settings window position.
- Set the number of items in the Recent folders menu.
- Choose the colors Theme of QAP Settings and other windows.
- Display classic black and white buttons in QAP Settings window instead of new color buttons of QAP v8 (option removed in v8.1.1 but still supported if variable UseClassicButtons=1 is present in settings file).
- Display the popup menu near the mouse pointer, in the active window or at a fix position.
- Display hotkey reminders in menu in short or long format.
- Select the option to use Display Numeric Menu Shortcuts to launch favorites with your keyboard.
- Open the menu when hitting the QAP menu trigger on the Windows taskbar.
- Add Close to menus created by QAP allowing to dismiss them if clicking elsewhere does not dismiss the menu.
- Display or hide menu icons, and choose menu icons size (available on Windows workstations only).
- In the File managers tab, enable Directory Opus, Total Commander or Universal file manager support.
- In the Options dialog box, Menu hotkeys tab, change the mouse triggers to open the folders menu (by default, middle mouse button and Shift+MMB).
- Choose the keyboard triggers to open the QAP main menu (by default, Windows+W and Shift+Windows+W).