During installation, shortcuts are created for two types of hotkeys: popup menu hotkeys and favorite hotkeys.
Popup menu hotkeys
By default, the QAP popup menu can be triggered by the Middle Mouse Button and the keyboard shortcut Windows+W. A second popup menu called Alternative menu is triggered by default by Shift+Middle Mouse Button or Shift+Windows+W. You can change these settings in Options, second tab Menu hotkeys.
Mouse or keyboard hotkeys can also be assigned to any favorite in your menu. This allow you to launch a favorite without having to open the QAP popup menu and locate your favorite.
At installation time, only some QAP feature favorites are assigned shortcuts. Four of them are in the menu called My QAP Essentials created at installation in the main popup menu. It includes keyboard shortcuts for the following QAP features:
- Shift-Control-C for Reopen Current Folder in Dialog Box.
- Shift-Control-D for the Drives
- Shift-Control-F for Reopen a Folder
- Shift-Control-R for Recent folders
- Shift-Control-V for the Clipboard menu
- Shift-Control-W for Switch
Another QAP feature and two favorites are inserted in the main menu during installation:
- Shift-Control-S for Settings
- Shift-Control-N for Notepad
- Shift-Control-Q for Quick Access Popup web site.
You can change all these shortcuts by editing each favorite separately or you can edit all of them in the Hotkeys dialog box: click the Hotkeys button in the Settings window.