Unicode encoding (UTF-16 Big Endian)
Quick Access Popup will be available in various languages as voluntary translators can achieve their precious work. Folders Popup, ancestor of QAP, is available in the following languages. Select your working language in the Settings window, General tab.
(This table will be updated as new languages will be implemented in QAP)
Quick Access Popup was originally written in English (English proof checking would be appreciated).
Help for translation to other languages appreciated. Please see the Translation resource page.
In the Settings dialog box, click the Options button to open the Options dialog box.
- To enable folders navigation in file dialog boxes (Open, Save As, etc.), check the Change folders in dialog boxes with the main QAP hotkeys.
- Select your working Language.
- Select Run at Startup option to launch Quick Access Popup automatically when you boot Windows.
- Enable or disable QAP Explorer Context menus.
- Automatically add favorites at top (or bottom if unchecked) of main menu when added with Add this folder, Add this folder Express and Add favorite from Explorer context menus.
- Display Startup Tray tip in the Notification zone.
- Select the Check for updates to be informed when new QAP versions become available.
- Remember Settings window position.
- Set the number of items in the Recent folders menu.
- Choose the colors Theme of QAP Settings and other windows.
- Display classic black and white buttons in QAP Settings window instead of new color buttons of QAP v8 (option removed in v8.1.1 but still supported if variable UseClassicButtons=1 is present in settings file).
- Display the popup menu near the mouse pointer, in the active window or at a fix position.
- Display hotkey reminders in menu in short or long format.
- Select the option to use Display Numeric Menu Shortcuts to launch favorites with your keyboard.
- Open the menu when hitting the QAP menu trigger on the Windows taskbar.
- Add Close to menus created by QAP allowing to dismiss them if clicking elsewhere does not dismiss the menu.
- Display or hide menu icons, and choose menu icons size (available on Windows workstations only).
- In the File managers tab, enable Directory Opus, Total Commander or Universal file manager support.
- In the Options dialog box, Menu hotkeys tab, change the mouse triggers to open the folders menu (by default, middle mouse button and Shift+MMB).
- Choose the keyboard triggers to open the QAP main menu (by default, Windows+W and Shift+Windows+W).
From BorisB (item #1)
Help from an AHK developer using a russian keyboard would be greatly appreciated on this one.
[Wishlist] Keep localized names for special folders Pictures, Favorites, Templates, My Video and My Music when language is changed
Actually, most of Special folders names are read from Windows in its installed language. But for these exceptions (Pictures, Favorites, Templates, My Video and My Music) the name is determined by FP in the language active at the time of the Special folder creation. If user switch language later, the Special folders names are not updated to the new language. With this item is implemented, the names would be changed as QAP language is changed.