Unicode encoding (UTF-16) (NOT Big Endian)
Quick Access Popup is available in various languages, thanks to voluntary translators for their precious work. Select your working language in the Settings window, General tab.
|Language||Thanks to translators!||Review in your language|
|French||Jean Lalonde||Quick Access Popup : accédez rapidement aux dossiers utilisés fréquemment (Freewares & Tutos)|
||Edgar “Fast Edi” Hoffmann||Quick Access Popup ist ein toller Nachfolger von Folders Popup. Die Möglichkeit, jetzt auch Programme zu starten oder Webseiten aufzurufen, macht daraus einmal mehr ein Allroundtool für jeden (Giga Software)|
|Italian||Riccardo Leone||Quick Access Popup: crea le scorciatoie per le cartelle e programmi (dundi.it)|
|Spanish||kiketrucker (AccionGlobalXSoft)||Quick Access Popup|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Igor Ruckert||Quick Access Popup (Baixaki)|
|Portuguese||Luis Neves||Quick Access Popup (Baixaki)|
|Traditional Chinese (ZH-TW)||Jess Yang||Quick Access Popup (Softoware)|
|Simplified Chinese (ZH-CN)||Jess Yang||Quick Access Popup绿色版 8.5_快速启动器|
|Dutch||Ric Roggeveen||Quick Access Popup|
Quick Access Popup was originally written in English.
Help for translation to other languages appreciated. Please see the Translation resource page.
In the Settings dialog box, click the Options button to open the Options dialog box.
- To enable folders navigation in file dialog boxes (Open, Save As, etc.), check the Change folders in dialog boxes with the main QAP hotkeys.
- Select your working Language.
- Select Run at Startup option to launch Quick Access Popup automatically when you boot Windows.
- Enable or disable QAP Explorer Context menus.
- Automatically add favorites at top (or bottom if unchecked) of main menu when added with Add this Folder or Link, Add this Folder or Link Express and Add favorite from Explorer context menus.
- Display Startup Tray tip in the Notification zone.
- Select the Check for updates to be informed when new QAP versions become available.
- Remember Settings window position.
- Set the number of items in the Recent folders and Recent Files menus.
- Choose the colors Theme of QAP Settings and other windows.
- Display classic black and white buttons in QAP Settings window instead of new color buttons of QAP v8 (option removed in v8.1.1 but still supported if variable UseClassicButtons=1 is present in settings file).
- Display the popup menu near the mouse pointer, in the active window or at a fix position.
- Display hotkey reminders in menu in short or long format.
- Select the option to use Display Numeric Menu Shortcuts to launch favorites with your keyboard.
- Open the menu when hitting the QAP menu trigger on the Windows taskbar.
- Add Close to menus created by QAP allowing to dismiss them if clicking elsewhere does not dismiss the menu.
- Display or hide menu icons, and choose menu icons size (available on Windows workstations only).
- In the File managers tab, enable Directory Opus, Total Commander or Universal file manager support.
- In the Options dialog box, Menu hotkeys tab, change the mouse triggers to open the folders menu (by default, middle mouse button and Shift+MMB).
- Choose the keyboard triggers to open the QAP main menu (by default, Windows+W and Shift+Windows+W).
One of my goals with QAP is to make it run on as many international systems as possible. But programming hotkeys on a Russian keyboard is a challenge for a non-Russian developer like me living in Canada. Russian keyboards are very different from most of those used in America or Europe. Up to QAP v8.6.x, launching QAP on a system with Russian keyboard was giving error messages and configuration issues making the app unusable.
Starting with version v8.7, changes has been made to QAP code when running with Russian keyboard:
- at first execution, default keyboard hotkeys showing the popup menu (normally Windows + W and Shift + Windows + W) are changed for Windows + ц and Shift + Windows + ц . I choose the "ц" character (ASCII Unicode 0419) because it is located at the "w" location on my keyboards. Users can change it in QAP Options, Hotkeys tab;
- at first execution, to avoid startup errors, QAP will not creates default hotkeys for frequently used features as it would normally do, letting users create their preferred hotkeys themselves;
- QAP internal hotkeys available in the Settings window are disabled because they were creating errors.
Important for QAP existing users: on systems with a Russian keyboard, it is recommended to first run QAP with a *fresh* install (making sure the file QuickAccessPopup.ini does *not* exist when you launch QAP). QAP will then create a new QuickAccessPopup.ini OK for Russian keyboard. If you had favorites in a previous installation, import them in the new installation from a backup of your settings.
This is a work in progress and there is probably room for improvements. But, with this version, my basic goal to make QAP run on Russian keyboards without errors is achieved. Russian users are invited to give feedback here. Please remember that QAP is a single-developer freeware project. I managed to do these changes by myself but help from other AutoHotkey developers working with Russian environment would be appreciated.
From BorisB (item #1)
Help from an AHK developer using a russian keyboard would be greatly appreciated on this one.
[Wishlist] Keep localized names for special folders Pictures, Favorites, Templates, My Video and My Music when language is changed
Actually, most of Special folders names are read from Windows in its installed language. But for these exceptions (Pictures, Favorites, Templates, My Video and My Music) the name is determined by FP in the language active at the time of the Special folder creation. If user switch language later, the Special folders names are not updated to the new language. With this item is implemented, the names would be changed as QAP language is changed.