Can a submenu be shared on different PCs or by different users?
Yes. Shared menus allow to manage favorites in a setting file that can be shared by different users or used by the same user on different computers. The Shared menu settings file can be saved on a network drive or a shared folder (like Dropbox) and used on different PCs. Add a Shared menu from the Add Favorite dialog box. In the Shared Menu tab, select the type of usage of this shared menu:
- Personal shared menu: see...
Can a submenu be used by the same user on different system using a personal shared folder?
- Collaborative shared menu for team or workgroup: see...
Can a submenu be shared as a team or workgroup collaborative tool?
- Centralized shared menu: see...
Can a submenu be managed by a menu administrator for the benefit of read-only users?.
- A Shared menu can contain any type of favorites, except other Shared menus.
- Hotkeys (keyboard or mouse shortcuts) associated to a favorite in a Shared menu is now saved in the Shared menu itself (instead of in the main QuickAccessPopup.ini settings file in versions previous to v126.96.36.199). However, if the same shortcut is used in more than one favorite, only the last favorite shortcut will remain active.
- Even if QAP provides protection against synchronization conflicts (when users are editing a menu at the same time), syncing issues may (rarely) occur for users working on synchronization platforms like Dropbox or Google Drive that cannot accomplish full real-time syncing. Users sharing menus on network drives will not face these issues.