Speed up your work with this multi-purpose launcher and folder switcher! Freeware for Windows.
Easy one-step installation
- Download, execute this exe file and just follow the setup instructions.
- Enjoy! If you get a virus or malware alert from your anti-virus or protection software about Quick Access Popup being a potential threat, this is not the case (you can trust me… or read this setup file anti-virus report by VirusTotal.com :-). Please, also read this post: How can I use QAP if an anti-virus is blocking its download or its execution?.
If you prefer to use Quick Access Popup in “portable” mode, download and unzip this file and follow these instructions: How can I install Quick Access Popup to make it fully portable?. This will, for example, allow you to run Quick Access Popup from an external drive or USB key. And don’t forget to turn auto-startup on and enable check for updates to stay up-to-date! See the ZIP file anti-virus report from VirusTotal.com.
Update recommended for v7.4.1, v7.4.2 and v7.3 users.
Version: 7.4.3 (2016-08-23) Bug fix - revert change done in in v188.8.131.52 and save again to settings the path (for example: "> submenu-1 > submenu-2") for favorites of types Menu, Group and Shared; this fixes the broken shortcuts for favorite of these types. - NOTE for users of Shared menus: favorite shortcuts for items inside shared menus will work only if shared menus has same path from main menu (Main > submenu-1 > submenu-2) on all QAP installations that include this shared menu (this does not impact read-only external menus) Version: 7.4.2 (2016-08-22) HELP me STOP malware false alerts against when installing QAP! https://www.generosity.com/fundraisers/stop-malware-false-alerts-against-my-freeware/ ** This version fixes a bug in v7.4.1 released yesterday ** - fix a bug not showing some icons for favorite Special folders (My documents, etc.) and possibly other folders New features: - Alternative menu features available in regular menu using keyboard modifiers when selecting a favorite in the popup menu (Shift for "Open in New Window", Control for "Copy Favorite Location" and Shift+Control for "Edit Favorite") - when clicking the "Save" button in the "Settings" window, save the favorites without closing the "Settings" window if Shift or Control is pressed Language files - updated Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Portuguese-Brazilian, German and Sweden language files Icons and desktop.ini (Windows folder icons) - when building a menu, if an icon has a relative path, make it absolute based on the QAP working directory - when retrieving an icon from a desktop.ini file, if the folder location has a relative path, make it absolute based on the QAP working directory before reading desktop.ini - when retrieving an icon from a desktop.ini file, if the icon resource file has a relative path, make it absolute based on the favorite folder (not the QAP working directory) - when creating a desktop.ini file if the icon resource file is located in the favorite folder itself, create the icon resource file without its path in order to make it relative to the folder and movable with the folder Other improvements or bug fixes - feature change: when using "Add This Folder", the "Use default window position" option is now checked (QAP still records the current window position but user must uncheck the option to restore window position when opening the favorite folder) - simplifiy "Change folder in dialog boxes" option (no more double checkbox) - show the "Change folder in dialog boxes" alert just before opening a favorite instead of before showing the menu and show it only the first time the user selects a favorite folder over a dialog box - display proper error message when trying to launch a Link favorite with invalid URL - fix bug for beta testers, check for update prompt was not skipped for new beta version after user asked to skipped it - fix a bug in v7.4.1 not showing some icons for favorite of type "Special"
See version history in the change log.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
- Quick Access Popup was designed for all international versions of Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10, both client and server versions, with Explorer windows, File Dialog Boxes (Open, Save, etc.*), Console Window (CMD command prompt) and many popular alternative file managers.
- Users of Windows XP and Windows Vista are invited to use Folders Popup, previous version of Quick Access Popup, that is still supported for these OS.
* Quick Access Popup can change folders in software that use the standard Windows file dialog boxes (Open, Save As, etc.). Most software do. See how to activate this feature: Can I change folders in file dialog boxes (Open, Save As, etc.)?